Cloud Architect and Networking Instructor
New London, CT
I am an information technology educator with 7 years of total experience and a genuine passion for cloud computing. Combine the two and you have a creative and dedicated network administrator.
- Designed, built, and administered cloud architecture and services using AWS Well-Architected framework
- Experience implementing and assessing security in a local and cloud-hosted environment
- Extensive knowledge of security and cryptographic technologies, information systems, and risk assessment methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and collaborate with technical and non-technical teams
- TS/SCI Clearance (NSA Guidance)
|Amazon Web Services||CISCO|
|DHCP, AD, 802.1x, NAT, Web Proxy||SIEM/Log Management (Splunk)|
|Forensics (Encase)||Scripting (Powershell, Pyton)|
|Database formats (SQL, Aurora, etc.)||REST API|
|HIPS/HIDS/Device Hardening||Firewall configuration|
- AWS Solutions Architect (August 2021)
- AWS Certified Security Specialty (August 2023)
06/2019 - Present
Information Technology Instructor (E-6, ITS1)
Instructor with the Naval Submarine School in Groton, CT. Additional duties as Command Financial Specialist.
- Cisco Certified Instructor
- Acted as a mentor and provided guidance for 75 students.
- Provided 21 one-hour financial counseling sessions as Command Financial Specialist.
I have taught the following courses for the Navy:
|Course Name||Classes Taught|
10/2013 - 06/2019
Mission Radioman (E-5, ETR2)
Operated, maintained, and troubleshot complex telecommunications and cryptographic systems, completing a six-month deployment to a difficult area of operation. Assumed the role of Leading Petty Officer for Radio division in the Spring and Summer of 2018.
- As Radiant Valkyrie Lite (RVL) Administrator, trained leadership in operation and best practices for electronic warfare.
- As Divisional Training Petty Officer, trained and managed communications division for six quarters and prepared them to operate a modernized radio room.
- Effectively implemented ongoing work control processes coordinating with interdepartmental teams within Huntington-Ingalls Newport News Shipyard.